Kaoru's Exciting Summer

Friday, August 11, 2006

Panel Discussion

Yesterday, we had a panel discussion about American student life.
Panelists told us detailed school life.
For example, they told how to choose university, how to choose major, etc.

I felt that university students in America are almost busy with study.
I was surprised to hear their time to spend for study.
One of panelists told me he had studied Japanese 24hours per week for 2years!!
But it was his minor!
Japanese students generally study second foreign language about 2hours per week except classes…
Even in English study, first foreign language of us, we can reach to time of American student’s.

So, I started to doubt if Japanese students study in earnest.
And I realized I’m lazy…

I must study more seriously.
I want to do my best in study from now
on!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Zafar said...

Just came across your blog. Your posts were so refreshing. Thanks you.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Nina Liakos said...

I guess that 24 hours a week meant study time outside of class as well as time in class. I've heard that Japanese is wone of the most difficult languages to learn, so I think it requires a lot of study!

I can't believe that you are lazy!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Some people feel the need to study so much that the library is open late night until 1am! And in special rooms, you can study all night! But I think people who need to study that late have to do so because they haven't studied at all before that, so I don't think you're lazy!

11:30 PM  
Blogger NOBUFUMI said...

I realzed that I need to study more and more.

So, join our English class.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home